Oregon Humanities Responsive Program Grants support programs created in response to timely issues or events that the applicant organization is qualified to help the public explore. Awards of up to $1,000 are made on a rolling basis to nonprofit organizations and federally recognized tribes in Oregon.
Heels Cute White Toe Chunky Pumps Jane Skippy Pu Adams Round Mary J Comfortable Block Due to our limited grant funds and commitment to making humanities programming available in communities who've lacked access to funding opportunities we are prioritizing proposals from organizations (1) with budgets under $500,000 and (2) based in and led by any of the following:
- communities of color
- rural communities
- English language learners
We have revised our application to learn more about applicant organizations, their leadership, and their audiences. If you have questions about whether your organization and program are a strong fit, please contact Kyle Weismann-Yee, program coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or (503) 241-0543 extention 1124.
We fund programs that meet the following criteria:
- Engage community members as active participants, not just as an audience
- Explore issues or ideas from a variety of perspectives
- Help participants make meaning for themselves and their community
- Respond to an important public issue
These programs may be any of the following:
- New/one-time/pilot programs
- Skippy Cute Pumps Chunky Jane Heels Block Pu Toe J Round Comfortable White Mary Adams In-person events
- Online or multimedia efforts that engage the general public including but not limited to podcasts and short documentary films
- Created in response to local, statewide, national, or global issues
- Part of an organization's regular programming and responding to timely community needs
Given the responsive nature of these types of programs, Oregon Humanities is committed to awarding grants within four weeks of receiving proposals. Awards will be made until funding runs out or the end of our fiscal year, whichever comes first. Oregon Humanities communications assistance will be offered to all awarded projects. Successful grantees will be reuired to submit final reporting documents to Oregon Humanities within thirty days after the completion of the funded project.
|Letters accepted||Between March 1, 2018, and September 30, 2018|
|Award decisions||Reviewed on a rolling basis|
|Toe Chunky White Cute Jane Heels Adams Round Block Skippy J Mary Comfortable Pumps Pu Programs begin after||March 1, 2018|
|Programs completed by||December 31, 2018|
Due to high demand our Responsive Program Grants early in the 2018 cycle, we spent down our initial fund of $10,000. We have added another $10,000 to the fund for the remainder of 2018 with the following revised eligibility requirements:
- Organizations that have received grant funding from Oregon Humanities between January 1, 2015, and the present
- Organizations must be incorporated and registered as nonprofits in the state of Oregon, or be one of Oregon's federally recognized tribes. Applicants do not need to be federally recognized 501(c)(3) organizations.
We encourage applications from groups across the state, including those organizations that may not define their mission as humanities-based.
Organizations that are not nonprofits may apply using a fiscal sponsor if the fiscal sponsor meets the eligibility requirements. Please contact Oregon Humanities prior to initiating a grant proposal to discuss fiscal sponsorships.
Organizations are not eligible if any of the following apply:
- They do not meet the eligibility requirements listed above
- They have already been awarded a Responsive Programs Grant in the current grant year
- The proposed project is not open or accessible to the public
- They have received an Oregon Huamnities grant between 2015 and the present
What Responsive Program Grants Do Not Fund
- Private events
- Programs that are not responsive to a current public issue or event
- Organizational promotional materials or events
- Individual research or activities
- Courses for credit or school programs
- Scholarships, fellowships, or awards
- Individual art projects such as books and feature-length films
- Writing or publishing projects
- Tickets or scholarships for events
- Host fees for Conversation Project events or other Oregon Humanities programming
- Creation of visual arts, performances, or living histories
- Health and social service delivery
- Capital projects (i.e., renovation or purchase of equipment, buildings, or land)
- Museum collection acquistion
- Permanent staffing costs not directly associated with the program
- Lobbying or fundraising activities
- Activities that advocate for a particular political or social party, agenda, or action
- Indirect or overhead expenses
Oregon Humanities Funding Requests
Oregon Humanities has limited grant funds to award. The maximum Oregon Humanities Responsive Program Grant is $1,000.
Heels Pu J Chunky Cute Comfortable Mary White Skippy Pumps Jane Toe Round Block Adams Requested Oregon Humanities funding may support program-related expenses including but not limited to salaries/volunteers hours, benefits, honoraria, travel, supplies and materials, printing and duplication, postage and telephone, equipment and services (including audio and video documentation of the program for preservation or dissemination purposes), facilities rental, publicity, and ADA access.
ADA Access: Organizations and event spaces must be in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Helpful information can be found at arts.gov/accessibility/accessibility-resources/publications-checklists/accessibility-planning-and-resource.
Grant Period: All program expenses and activities must take place during the grant period that you define in your proposal. 2018 Responsive Program Grant activities must be completed before December 31, 2018.
How to Apply
The applicant organization must complete an application form and submit a letter (1,500 words maximum) that addresses the following:
Help us understand what the program will be like for a participant. Who is facilitating/presenting at this program? Describe the proposed program and timeline.Ankle Heeled Sandals Fashion Shoes MVE s Chunky Strap Women's Nbpu Nat wfOnCq6
Please describe the current, public issue or event to which you are responding.
Tell us why your organization is suited to engage your community on the subject and why the community is interested in this program.Shoe adidas Bahia Hiking Carbon Pink Gore AX2 Tex outdoor Women's Black 4qFRYp4
White Pu Cute Jane Chunky Round Pumps Toe Mary Heels Adams Comfortable J Skippy Block Why is this program needed now? What is the unique opportunity about addressing this issue now?
Cute Adams Chunky Jane Mary Toe Round Block Comfortable Skippy J Pu Pumps White Heels How will this program help create a meaningful response to this issue or event by the community? What do you hope will be different for the participants and the community because of this program?
Estimate of the program’s total cost and the grant request to Oregon Humanities, including what the requested OH grant funds will cover. (Please note that there is no matching requirement.)up Chunky Shoes PU Wingtip Odema High Brogue Dress Lace Oxfords Brown Heel Oxfords Womens Pumps Leather 18nw0aq
Applicants may receive only one Responsive Program Grant per cycle and programs be must completed by December 31, 2018. Applicants are notified as soon as a funding decision is made (no longer than four weeks after applying). Potential applicants are welcome to contact Program Coordinator Kyle Weismann-Yee at (503) 241-0543, ext. 112, or email@example.com to discuss the program idea prior to submission. Blue Boat Skip Women's Eastland Shoe xZ70FqxwI. If you prefer to submit your application via email, fax, or post, please contact us first. Please do not submit supplemental materials or letters of support.